Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Layout of the Mud Room


This room is missing the porch.

I thought I would share this part of our project even though the pictures don't look too exciting.  For me, this was one of the most important parts of the job because I was able to stand inside the room and draw the layout on the floor with chalk to see how the room is going to "flow".
 
The bathroom and closet on the left.

It's one thing to plan and draw up the plans on paper and try to imagine how it all fits together.  It's another thing to be able to stand in the room and pretend that it's a functioning room.  This way we could change walls and placements if we needed too.  And we did make quite a few minor, but important changes. 


Corner bathroom.

That's the beauty of doing the work ourselves.  I don't have to answer to a general contractor who I know I would drive crazy!  And he would drive me crazy too because he would tell me that we can't make any changes because the plans have already "been approved".

Then I would cry, and try to fire him so it's best we just do the work ourselves anyway.


Closet next to the bathroom.  The left corner is where we'll cut a doorway into the house.

We're going to put a little door in the wall into the storage closet from the bathroom so we can drop dirty clothes into a bin to carry to the laundry.
 
The panorama of the room makes it look bigger than it really is.  The dimensions are 16' x 18'. 


The back wall.  The window on the left will be over the sink.
Cooper stocked the roof with bundles of shingles.








And the work continues........... 

I quickly wrote a list of the things that need to be done and now I have to put them in order of what happens next.   




September 2016
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment