Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mushroom Hunting

     Emma and I went mushroom hunting on our property and this is what we found.  Now we have to try and identify them to see what, if any, are edible and which ones might be poisonous!  All together I think we found 17 different mushrooms.  It was a lot of fun!!
 Does pretty mean edible?

 
 The sun was setting and it really made the mushrooms look so pretty.

 Same as above, just a different angle.

  This one is kind of creepy looking, although maybe it's that the picture is a little blurry.  You know, I should really use my glasses when I take pictures!!

 You have to look closely when mushroom hunting because you might miss something. 

 These are the most beautiful orange mushrooms I've ever seen,
especially when the sun hits them just right.  (Really, these are the only orange mushrooms I've ever seen and they were amazing.)

 This one was about 3 - 4 inches in diameter.

 Interesting.

 I don't think this is a shriveled up version of what's just above.

 It's interesting how some mushrooms like to grow from dead logs and some grow in the ground.

 This one looks like popped pop corn.

 Interesting one.

 This one looks like it's hard, but it's not.  It feels like a mushroom.

 Maybe a button mushroom?

 Just a flat one.

 I don't think this is a morel, but who knows, we're new to this fungus stuff.

 These are pretty.

 I wonder how long these grow for the season because if these continue to grow, they might just take over the whole forest!

    This is a close up of the stump above.  Sorry it's blurry!  Glasses, I know, I know!

Well, that's our day hunting mushrooms.  Now we have some work to do.  If you can identify any of these fungi, please let us know!  
Thanks!
Sandy 
July 14



No comments:

Post a Comment